“Spinelli offers sharp and stylish prose.”
After moving to New York in 1999, Benson, a reflexively cynical twenty-something, and his girlfriend look for work while exploring the hipster playground emerging in North Brooklyn. Rumors of suicides spread, and people start to kill themselves in alarming numbers—hangings, jumpers, death by L train. Friends follow strangers. As the “Bug” spreads to Manhattan, Benson assembles a grassroots crew to help clean up the city, half-deserted and riddled with corpses. Killing Williamsburg is a dark meditation on the purpose of life and a testament to the stubborn resilience of the New York state of mind.
Click the book cover to purchase Killing Williamsburg on Amazon.
—or purchase the KINDLE version on Amazon.
For an analog experience, pick up a copy at:
- Barnes & Noble, Union Square, NYC
- St. Mark’s Bookshop, East Village, NYC
- Spoonbill & Sugartown on Bedford in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Word in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
- Desert Island in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- The NEWSSTAND in the Lorimer/Metropolitan L/G subway station
- Molasses Books (and bar!) in Bushwick, Brooklyn
- 2012 Store, San Marcos la Laguna, Sololá, Guatemala